Sunday, January 31, 2010

Rescue Efforts for "Pops"




This is "Pops" or "Pop". He is the daddy and is 2 years old. We are not sure if he is a white husky or a white shepherd. He is a gently giant.


"Pop" would never come up for food, he would accompany "momma" but would keep watch over her from the edge of the woods. When "momma" was finished, they would leave together. He kept watch and protected his family every time they came for food. It was late May or June before he would himself, would eat.


He is leash trained and house trained. He was adopted out within the first 2 weeks and they kept him 4 months. But they kept him outside on a chain in the yard during the day, so I got him back. In addition, they never took him to a vet, so he never received a wellness exam.


I feel that he was probably abused by the original owner because he is extremely nervous around new people.


Since I have gotten him back, he will no longer stay in the pen with the others. He does not tolerate them attempting to play with him, so I keep him inside. He has some stuffed animal toys that he loves to play with and has never torn them. He has never had an accident in my house either!


I took him in for a wellness exam and he is current on all vaccinations. Unfortunately, he contracted heart worms. The vet did start him on Iverheart and I have the funds for heart worm treatment, but because he does not stay outside with the others, he needs a new home more immediately. I can not keep him inside my home for too long. Even though he is not destructive, I take care of a special needs child on weekends which I can not do while "pop" is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment