Monday, January 18, 2010

Rescue Efforts Begin




As time went by the family began to feel more at home. "Papa" was even coming up to eat. The family would hang around after eating and lounge around and play.




By July, they had determined this was their new home and began to hang out and sleep overnight. But the neighbors were not happy. They complained about the pups getting their newspaper and tearing up their plants, so they called Animal Control.




I could not see allowing them to be taken and possibly "put down", so some of the others neighbors pooled together funds to purchase supplies for a pin. After obtaining permission from the landlord, volunteers came out and put up a 48' X 26' temporary pen. The day after completion, I fed them inside the pen and they all followed me. I took pictures and made fliers to find them homes. It wasn't until after the fliers were made that I discovered "Pop" is a white husky and "moma" we believe is a malamute.


Of the eight, 4 have been adopted and I hope to find homes for the remaining 4 (Red, Floppy, Sissy and Pop).

No comments:

Post a Comment